IMPORTANT! Due to the response to Coronavirus (COVID-19) events on this site may be postponed or canceled. Site visitors should refer to the event organizer's website for possible schedule changes.
Captain Swanson Lunsford, originally of Virginia, was a Revolutionary War officer who once owned the land in the southwest corner of the State House grounds where he is buried. The original marker of 1799 was modified by his descendants in 1953. This is the only gravesite on the State House grounds.