THIS EVENT HAS PASSED.
REGISTRATION HAS CLOSED.
March 15, 2022 – 2-7pm (2-5:30 for one-on-one meetings, then 5:30-7 for the outdoor popup and mingle)
1013 Duke Avenue
Columbia, SC 29203
Join other Midlands artists, arts organizations, and arts nonprofits to meet members of the South Carolina Arts Commission team. Meet one-on-one to find out how to plug in to support from SCAC grants, programs, and professionals. This indoor-outdoor pop-up will offer refreshments, short performances, and networking time. Artists and Arts groups from all disciplines are encouraged to attend.
The Midlands Meet-up will take place at the 1013 Co-Op (1013 Duke Avenue, Columbia SC 29203) on March 15, 2022. Parking is available on Arlington Street just across from the 1013 Co-Op.
There are two components to the event.
One-on-One Meetings with SC Arts Commission Staff
Select SC Arts Commission staff will be available for one-on-one meetings with individual artists or arts organization staff between 2-5:30 p.m.:
- Ce Scott-Fitts, Artist Development Director
- Focus area on support materials, resumes, or how to write a narrative/description on grant applications, for individual artists, across disciplines
- La Ruchala Murphy, Arts Industry Director
- Focus area on arts organizations, nonprofit best practices, applying for project/operating support funding, and capacity building
- Amber Westbrook, Grants Coordinator
- Focus area on best practices including finding grants that best fit your project, navigating the the grant process application through final report, and grantor/grantee relationships
The outdoor popup begins at 5:30 p.m. and will take place in the backyard featuring refreshments, performances and networking. Staff from the SCAC, Central Carolina Community Foundation (CCCF), and One Columbia will be on hand to share details about artist resources in the Midlands.