Please Note: This event has expired.
Second Sunday Stroll: Old Shandon
Join Historic Columbia for a guided walking tour of Old Shandon!
With lots laid out in 1893, Old Shandon is accepted as Columbia’s first planned suburb. Named for Reverend Peter J. Shand, a former rector of Trinity Episcopal Church, Shandon was incorporated as its own town in 1904 and annexed in 1913. An extension of Columbia’s streetcar line into the suburb prompted growth to the south and east over the next few decades. Today’s “Old Shandon” neighborhood includes the blocks bounded by Maple, Devine, and Heidt streets, Millwood Avenue, and MartinView more
931 Woodrow Street, Columbia, SC 29205