Create Account

Find an Event

Do you have an event you'd like to have listed?


Resources for Artists

 Resources for Artists

Busking in Columbia

“A Busker is a person who performs in public areas; accepts donations from the public; and has obtained a permit pursuant to the ordinance. 

"Perform" includes, but is not limited to the following activities; acting, singing, playing musical instruments, pantomime, juggling, magic, dancing, reading, puppetry, sidewalk art and reciting. Buskers shall not offer items for sale but they may offer items in exchange for a donation.”

Information on Busking in Columbia (pdf)
Ordinance (detailed rules and requirements)
City of Columbia Licenses and Permits

Get your license, then stop by the One Columbia office at 1219 Taylor Street to pick up a Busker Care Package, containing parking tokens, water bottle, t-shirt and snacks. 


Studio space available:

Tapp’s Art Center


Art Supplies:

City Art



City Art Classes
Art Center & Backman Gallery


Our services:

Office/Conference space: We have a conference room, and extra office space that can be used by any arts group in Columbia in need of a place to meet or work.

Notary Public: We can notarize documents for you, just make an appointment. 

Camera: We are in possession of a GoPro Camera that we can lend out to arts groups and organizations in Columbia for no charge.

Easels: If a group or artist was in need of one or multiple easels, we have 12 in our office to lend out.

Any art or history related event taking place in Columbia may also be submitted here to our webiste to be featured.

For more information or any questions, you can call our office at (803) 254-5008 or visit us at 1219 Taylor Street.



    •         Vimeo